The Political and Economic section provides support and advice on political issues to the United States Embassy in Libya and is responsible for economic relations between the United States and Libya. The Section manages dialogue with the Government of Libya on a wide range of issues, both bilateral and multilateral, to expand cooperation between our countries and serve mutual interests. The section’s officers represent to Libya the official views of the U.S. government and provide to Washington reports on the state of political and economic affairs in Libya. In addition, the Political and Economic section manages the commercial activities of the mission. The United States Embassy is pleased to be working with our counterparts in the Government of Libya on advancing our common agenda.
Please see the following links for more information:
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation (general)
- Export Import Bank (general)
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Middle East Partnership Initiative, U.S. Department of State
- Office of Technical Assistance, U.S. Department of Treasury
- Intellectual Property Rights: Information on how to obtain, protect, and enforce intellectual property rights overseas.