APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Fulbright Program is the U.S. government’s flagship international educational and cultural exchange program, creating connections in a complex and changing world. Led by the U.S. government in partnership with 160 countries worldwide, Fulbright creates lasting connections between the peoples of the United States and the peoples of other countries around the world, building mutual understanding between nations, advancing knowledge across communities, and improving lives around the world.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program enables Libyan students to study for up to two years, starting from the fall of 2022, towards a Master’s degree at select universities in the United States.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
Scholarships are open to Libyan citizens residing in Libya, who want to pursue graduate study in the United States. All applicants must have excellent academic track records, strong English language skills, outstanding character, and a desire to use skills gained in the United States to serve Libya upon completion of their studies in the United States.
- Be Libyan citizens and reside in Libya at the time of the application.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS/B.Sc.) from an accredited institution.
- Possess a strong academic background.
- Be able to demonstrate academic excellence or at least clearly articulate their interest in their chosen field of specialization. Most fields of Master’s level study are eligible, except for clinical medicine, nursing, and dentistry. Public health and nursing administration are eligible fields.
- Be proficient in English and/or able to attend a Long Term English (LTE) program prior to the start of study their program. A TOEFL or IELTS score is not required to apply, but applicants who have taken a TOEFL or IELTS test in the last two years are encouraged to include their scores in their applications.
- It is preferred that applicants have at least one year of professional work experience at the time of application.
U.S. citizens or green card holders are not eligible to apply.
APPLICATION PROCESS & DEADLINE:
Interested applicants must complete the online application. The application can be found here: https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2022
NOTE: Please make sure to choose 2022-2023 cycle. Applicants who select the wrong cycle will have to re-start their applications.
Successful applicants must submit complete applications with all requested documents, including academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, and copies of any English language tests taken (if applicable), before the application deadline. Applicants are also required to write two essays. Please read essay instructions very carefully and follow all directions.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2021 at 11:59 PM Libya time.
Program participants will be selected through a merit-based, open competition in which leadership potential, academic excellence and ability to adjust to academic life in the United States are all considered. Preference will be given to students who have little or no previous experience studying or living in the United States. Those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted by AMIDEAST for interviews.
Questions? Please send an email to: Libya@AMIDEAST.org