Last updated: [10/2022]
The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- Since February 2022 all restrictions related to COVID -19 were lifted in Libya.
- It is difficult to do a PCR test in government clinics, but it could be found in private labs, with an approximate average cost of (75-100 LYD).
- Test results could be obtained via email, WhatsApp message or physical copy.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Are vaccines available in Libya for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- According to the Libyan NCDC, they have started to administrate the fourth dose of COVID-19 booster on June 2nd 2022, to people over the age of 50, or with immune or chronic diseases, and the booster should be Pfizer ,NCDC announcement. (ARABIC)
- The Libyan NCDC Branches in all Libyan Cities NCDC branches. (ARABIC)
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Travel.state.gov Country Information and Travel Advisory page
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No