Event: Spontaneous demonstrations may take place in Libya during the week of May 14, some of which have the potential to become violent. The demonstrations intend to protest the recent relocation of the U.S. Embassy in Israel.
Actions to take:
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid crowds.
- Review your personal security plans.
- There is currently no U.S. Embassy in Libya. The U.S. Embassy in Tunisia is located in Berges du Lac, 1053 Tunis, Tunisia.
- Tel: +216 71 107 000, 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Email: email@example.com.
- The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +216 71 107 000.
- For American Citizens Services at the Department of State, call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada, or +1-202-501-4444 from other countries, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow U.S. Embassy Tunis on Twitter and on Facebook.